A glimpse into just a few of the many things I love about my husband. 19 to be exact because not only is today the 14th of February, but also our 5 year anniversary (just in case you were confused where 19 came from).
Let me give just a tad bit of background because I feel it is important to understand the greatness that he is.
When John and I first hung out it was exactly 2 weeks after I had moved into an apartment and out of my house. The house that my ex-husband and I shared. A divorce was imminent. I was convinced I would spend Valentine's Day alone, when my phone rang at work. John, who had gotten my number from a friend, was calling to see if he could cook me dinner because he didn't feel I should spend Valentine's Day alone. I was hesitant, but accepted.
You see, John and I had crossed passed several time over the past 4 years, but it was never more than a casual "Hi" because we had mutual friends.
I am surprised he hung around after that night and me rambling on and on about how much baggage I had and really wasn't in a point to start a relationship. And that is exactly where we left it for months. He was just my friend and there for me. Yes we hung out and talked and got to know each other, but there was never any pressure for anything more.
And that is where we all started.
and a home and (in that order) we have loved, fought, grown, cried, laughed, prayed, and healed. I couldn't be more blessed to have him as a husband. God has confirmed multiple times that this was ALL part of his plan.
So onto the 19 things I love about John:
1) He will always let me have a bite of his food even before he takes one and I am sooo stingy with my food.
2) He loves giving Crewe a bath and has done it every night for almost a year. Crewe now only wants Daddy to bathe him, but I tried giving him a bath a while ago and he cried and reached for John the whole time.
3) He is one of the most laid back people I know and Crewe is following in his footsteps which this momma loves.
4) He always gives me a choice in what we watch on television.
5) He L.O.V.E.S hunting. I mean loves!!! He can spot a deer from a mile away.
And as you can tell, I cleary have hunting and country pulsing through my veins ; )
6) He will be the first to try any sweet with the justification that he is just making sure it is safe for everyone else to eat and he goes to great length to create healthy low calorie desserts to satisfy his sweet tooth.
85 calories in case anyone is interested
7) He has been so dedicated to losing weight, hence the low calorie sweets, and when he is passionate about something his in it 100%. He has lost 30 lbs and I am so proud of him even more so because I know how much he loves sweets.
8) He always tries to show interest in the things I like, Pinterest being the most comical, because I still don't think he understands it.
9) He is my number 1 blog reader and commenter too.
10) He is always trying to be creative and come up with good picture ideas for me. For example:
Seriously I was so impressed!
11) He is an awesome dancer, I mean good. Like sexy good.
12) He carries my purse all the time for me and never complains.
13) He always tells me how beautiful I look, even when that look is 5:30 in the morning with matted hair and smeared mascara. (Not my best look) I will spare yall the picture.
14) He is a manly man and does all our car repairs.
15) He has sacrificed SO MUCH for me to be able to stay at home with Crewe. He never acts like it is a sacrifice, but that he is happy to do it.
16) He has always helped me with Crewe in the middle of the night even though he has to get up to go to work.
Sidenote: We have concluded together that 3am is not the best time to make parenting decisions or any decisions, for that matter, that could lead to an argument.
17) We an talk about our faith and God, I mean really dig deep talk, and he never gets offended or thinks I am crazy. He is an awesome spiritual leader of our house and gets up early to have time to read the bible before he works out and goes to work.
18) He gets up early to workout so that it doesn't cut into his time with us when he gets home from work.
19) He never brings up previous fights when we have a disagreement. My head is like a huge filing cabinet when we get in an ahem... argument. Sorry honey I will work on that.
Ok lets make it an even 20.
20) He is our rock and I hope Crewe grows up to be just like him when he is a husband and father.
Just kidding 21, there are just too many great things about him.
21) Most importantly he loves God. I love that inside my wedding band he engraved "you are my #2", because we always talk about how God should be our #1 and your spouse your #2.
I never want to reach a point where I take him for granted and it doesn't phase me. I will always strive to be a Godly wife and mother.
Honey you're the best and even though our evenings sometimes consist of sending each other facebook messages from opposite couches just to make the other one laugh, I am so glad I get to experience all of this life with you.
I love you!