Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Fa-ra-ra-ra-ra... ra-ra-ra-ra

Every year my expectations for the excitement of Christmas grows and grows, but it is the way it grows that is surprising to me. I get less and less excited for the presents I am going to receive and more and more excited for the wonder and excitement the season holds in Crewe's eyes. 
 
My motto is, it is never too early to start traditions and even though I know he still doesn't really understand everything that this special time of year holds, he will. The thought of getting to create all these little traditions for him makes my heart do back flips.


 
When I think back on my childhood there are so many things that hold such a huge place in my heart for this time of year. Moments I am not sure my parents even remember or realize where so significant to me.
 
For that and that alone it is my goal to be intentional. I know there are going to be things that "stick" with Crewe that I might now even remember happened, but will bring him the warm fuzzyies. And lets be real... warm fuzzies rock!
 
 
By the time my babies are grown it is my goal to have ALL the ornaments on my tree homemade ornaments by them... so we started this year with this little gem. I will never be a DIY blog. As much as I want to post "how to's" on all these projects I forget.
 
 
Momma really dropped the ball on not having any Christmas jammies clean so we settled for fire trucks.



I die..... birthday cake? Check... tool belt? Check...
The weirdness of my babe is so me and I love it! My little multi-tasker.

I had visions of grandness in my head when it came to playing in the snow. Crewe had other visions.



And poor baby was not okay that sister popped his ball... the ball that he has not even noticed was in the backyard for the past 3 months.


Block stacking and car racing trumped snow playing 10 to 1 anyway. It was much warmer inside playing with blocks next to a fire, so in hindsight he had the better plan.



Hope your Christmas was Merry and Bright!

  Oh and as a Merry Christmas. I will mail a sample pack of some of my most loved products to the 1st person who knows what my title is from. Too easy? Probably.

9 comments:

  1. A Christmas Story?

    Just wanted to say 'HI" and that I LOVE your blog! Your little man is so cute too! The halloween outfit you made for him was to die for!!! Totally adorable! smartsavvymama@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe A Christmas Story! Love that movie!

    I feel the same way about Christmas traditions, it becomes more and more about traditions for our family each year, and less focus on the presents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!!
    Lovin' your blog! New follower!

    http://www.diaryofabrwneyedgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are so stinkin cute. I loved reading this. You have a gorgeous family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your family is adorable! Isn't Christmas so sweet once you have kids to watch open gifts and their excitement? Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, yep. It's def from A Christmas Story. ;) I love it!

    These pictures = priceless. That ornament = ADORABLE. My mom and dad's Christmas tree is only filled with ornaments my siblings and I have been given/made throughout the year and it's so special to us! Such a wonderful tradition!

    And... I always say it, but I have to say it again. Your hair is PERFECT. So, so pretty. Bless Crewe's little heart for not wanting to play out in the cold! Y'all are an adorable family, though. Tears or no tears! :)

    xoxoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom still puts our handmade ornaments on the tree :-) Traditions are the best! I found you through Casey! :-) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog! Your little family is so cute! So glad I found you.. always the best finding blogging friends who loves Jesus :)
    Jess
    jmnway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I know what you mean about making memories for them. I think back to some of my memories from my childhood and they are always small moments. I think about that all the time, how to get them to remember things? I guess its just to try to fill their days with as many good memories as you can! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete